Windows Mobile Devices had always been known for its mind-boggling applications. And there are some simple but very effective apps as well to be chosen from its never-ending Freeware gallery. Most of the times, what a WM app does is just add on some useful features to the already existing tool/application and make it more useful for its users.
One such app would be the NotepadWS v2.56 – a notepad-like application with TABS feature and some interesting tools such as the WEB SEARCH.
The ‘Web Search’
(context menu) mentioned above allows you to get google, wiki or dictionary contents about the word or text selected from NotepadWS and thus turns out to be a good way to perform a quick and easy search.
Added Features In Ver 2.56 :
Features Carried On From Previous Versions:
- Edit up to four different text files in the same session.
- Switch from one tab to another with just one click.
- Ability to add or remove tool bars at any time.
- Configure each tab separately.
- Online search of selected word or text; google search, wiki search, dictionary.
- ver 2.0
* Open file and Save file dialogs completely redesigned to be useful and finger-friendly
* Settings page added
- ver 2.56
* Word-wrap options added
* Max file size supported increased
* File association works propely
* Copy and paste between different tabs added
* Cmd ExitAll added
* Single click option added
* File and Folder Shortcuts feature added
* Start folder option added (if left blank, the folder of last file used is taken)
* Font and colors customization tool added
* Ability to setup and save the properties of each tab (font, colors, start folder, etc)
One more feature known as the ‘Tab character feature’
has been added and the developers are hoping that the users will enjoy it a lot.
DOWNLOAD NotepadWS free
- Windows Mobile 5.0 & above
- Touchscreen device
- VGA or higher resolution screen
- .NET Compact Framework 3.5
for Your Windows Mobile Phone