First things first, Flash has been ported to the iPhone 4 as Frash, a package available for install on Cydia. Before you proceed, you will need to jailbreak your iPhone 4. Use our iOS4 Jailbreaking guide to jailbreak your iPhone before you proceed.
Well, Steve Jobs might have outrightly stated that Flash is not going to come to the iOS4, but that doesn’t stop people from viewing Flash based content on their iOS devices, all because of the port called Frash (compiled by Comex
Though we will talk about the iPhone 4 throughout this guide (that’s the device it was tested on), this method should work for any device running iOS4.
Steps for Installation
As stated above, this guide assumes that you’ve already jailbroken your iPhone and have Cydia installed.
- Install OpenSSH – Go to the Cydia app store, search for OpenSSH, install it. Reboot your device.
- Connect iPhone to your Computer – Now, we will use the SSH protocol to establish a connection from your computer to your iPhone via an SSH client called CyberDuck (if you are on a Mac) or WinSCP (if you are using Windows). Use the following settings for a new connection -CyberDuck
- Server: The IP address of your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. Settings –> WiFi –>
- Username: root
- Password: alpine
- Protocol: SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- Hostname: The IP address of your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. Setting –> WiFi –>
- User name: root
- Password: alpine
- Protocol: SCP
- Download Frash And Transfer It Your iPhone – Download the .deb file for Frash to your computer, and use CyberDuck or WinSCP to transfer it to your iPhone. Place it in the directory /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall (create it if it does not exist).
- Restart your iPhone
That completes the installation process. After you have completed all the above steps, you should be able to access Flash-based content on websites.+Did the above method work for you? Share with us in the comments.
: An easier way to install Frash has surfaced.
3 step install -
- 1. Open Cydia > Manage > Sources
- 2. Edit source and add http://repo.benm.at
- 3. Search Frash and install it.