Thread: Hameed rubbishes accusing players in betting row

Mississauga, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Default Hameed rubbishes accusing players in betting row

<TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
    LONDON: Pakistan batsman Yasir Hameed denied Saturday having told a British newspaper that his teammates on the England tour were involved in a betting scam.

The News of The World quoted Hameed in its edition due out Sunday as saying that some Pakistan players were fixing in "almost every match".

"I have not given any interview to the News of the World or any newspaper," he told media from England, where he has been since playing in Pakistan's Test series that ended last week.

Hameed added: "I can never think of blaming my teammates in match-fixing.

"I have just told the team management that the newspaper is claiming I have given them an interview. This is not correct."

Earlier, a British newspaper whose allegations of a betting scam have rocked the world of cricket said Saturday that a fourth Pakistan player was being probed over the claims, but declined to name him.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) charged three Pakistan stars under its anti-corruption code Thursday after the News of the World named them in an alleged fixing scam last week, causing a major scandal.

In its latest edition to be published Sunday, the tabloid newspaper claims that the ICC is now investigating a fourth Pakistan player, although it said it was not releasing his name "for legal reasons".

The ICC, cricket's world governing body, refused to confirm the report and a source suggested that despite the allegations, Sunday's Twenty20 fixture between England and Pakistan in Cardiff would go ahead as planned.

"We do not comment on ongoing investigations and nor will we comment about the details of the charges," a spokesman for the ICC told media.

Test captain Salman Butt plus bowlers Mohammad Aamer and Mohammad Asif were suspended from playing in any further matches after being charged by the ICC, and have also been questioned by police.

The allegations all relate to the recent fourth and final Test between England and Pakistan at Lord's, which ended with an England victory, in which the tabloid weekly said deliberate no-balls had been bowled.

Aamer, at 18 one of cricket's hottest talents, Asif, 27, and Butt, 25, deny any wrongdoing.

The News of the World claimed Saturday to have been told by Pakistan batsman Yasir Hameed that some of the team were fixing in "almost every match".

"They've been caught. Only the ones that get caught are branded crooks.

They were doing it (fixing) in almost every match. God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages," Hameed was quoted as saying.

"It makes me angry because I'm playing my best and they are trying to lose."

However, Hameed told media that he had not spoken to the News of the World and denied accusing his fellow players of corruption.

"I can never think of blaming my teammates in match-fixing," said the batsman, who played in Pakistan's Test series against England but was not selected for the one-day matches beginning Sunday.

Hameed, who is still in England, added: "I have just told the team management that the newspaper is claiming I have given them an interview. This is not correct."

Pakistan team manager Yawar Saeed told reporters at the side's hotel in Cardiff that Hameed had denied the claims, but refused to comment further, saying: "That's all. Let's wait and see what happens."

Earlier, Pakistan one-day captain Shahid Afridi apologised for the scandal, telling reporters: "I think this is very bad news.

"On behalf of these boys -- I know they are not in this series -- I want to say sorry to all cricket lovers and all the cricketing nations."

Pakistan coach Waqar Younis said this had been the toughest week he'd known in two decades of international cricket.

"It's pretty sad, whatever happened, and it's been really, really tough on everyone, not only me but the entire team, the management and back home it's been really bad," the former fast bowler said.

The News of the World last week alleged that it paid Mazhar Majeed, an agent for several Pakistan players, 150,000 pounds (185,000 euros, 230,000 dollars) in return for advance knowledge of the no-balls, which could then be bet upon.

The 35-year-old was arrested and bailed by British police.

In its latest edition, the tabloid claimed investigators had found between 10,000 and 15,000 pounds worth of its marked bills in Butt's hotel room.

Meanwhile England Twenty20 captain Paul Collingwood said: "I just want this (fixing) eradicated from the game, full stop."

The ICC action against the three players has infuriated the Pakistani authorities, in particular High Commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hasan, who has said he believes they are innocent and has suggested they may have been set up.

"The ICC had no business to take this action. The ICC is just playing to the public gallery," Hasan told media Friday.
    </TD></TR><TR><TD><!--<iframe src=" e%2Bui" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:480px; height:300px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe> --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>shim - Hameed rubbishes accusing players in betting row</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Paris of East
    13 Post(s)
    1617 Thread(s)
    Default Re: Hameed rubbishes accusing players in betting r

is bare main to mane koi video b dekhi the youtube pe

Then Which Of The Favours Of Your LORD Will You Deny?

"Be In This World As If You Were A Stranger Or A Traveler"

46 Post(s)
    5939 Thread(s)
    Default Re: Hameed rubbishes accusing players in betting r

puri dunya ne dekha hai phr b jhoot

8bffd51cd2705b99335ce635a13dbb09 zps81c9bfed - Hameed rubbishes accusing players in betting row