30 dried apricots
1 ripe pineapple, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
4 apples, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
4 large, just-ripe bananas, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
4 tbsp. butter
8 tbsp. sugar
6 tbsp. blackcurrant juice
6 tbsp. orange juice
vanilla ice cream to serve
1. Soak 16 skewers in cold water for 30 mins. and light the barbecue. 2. Place the apricots in a bowl and add 3 tbsp. of blackcurrant juice to it. Leave to soak for 30 mins.
3. Add the orange juice, remaining (3 tbsp.) blackcurrant juice, pineapple, banana and apples to the apricots and mix well.
4. Thread the fruit on the skewers. Reserve the marinade for later use. Brush the skewers with butter. Sprinkle the sugar over the skewered fruit kababs.
5. Barbecue quickly over hot coals, 3-4 mins. on each side.
6. Serve with the marinade poured over the fruit.
7. Serve with vanilla ice cream.