Research in Motion (RIM), the Blackberry developer have plans of launching a new tablet. Named as PlayBook, it is being touted as the Ipad Killer. Based on the QNX operating system, equipped with a 7-inch (1024 X 600) WSVGA capacitive touch screen. It surely is a gadget to lust for as it runs on a 1 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM.
Besides the above listed features, the PlayBook offers all the Blackberry apps including the security and backup supports. It’s add-on special features include a 3 MP front camera and a 5 MP back camera which supports HD video recording. The PlayBook is also equipped with HDMI video output and offers flash for video and interactive material on the web.
With a 7-inch screen, the PlayBook can also be conveniently used as a smartphone having a secure wireless connectivity. The connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, micro HDMI and micro USB. The key features of BlackBerry PlayBook are listed below.
- 1 GHz Dual Core Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 7-inch LCD capacitive multi-touch display
- Dual HD cameras – 3 MP front, 5 MP rear
- Supports BlackBerry Apps like BBM, Push e-mail etc.
- Full Support for Flash & HTML 5
- Video Playback: 1080p HD video – H.264, MPEG4, WMV , DivX formats
- OS – QNX
- Connectivity – WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1, micro HDMI, micro USB
The Blackberry PlayBook is expected to launch as soon as March 2011 in the US and second half of 2011 in other parts of the world.