Still remember those good old days when we used to carry huge maps in our hands when we went on vacations ? Well things has changed and instead of picking up guide books at the airport people prefer to use all the maps that are present on your finger tips which you can easily access if you have an access to the internet. I know it is not that easy to get away to a place where there is no internet these days but still, why take the risk. If you like to access maps through your Nokia phone with the help of OVI maps service then it must be very difficult for you to get lost ,lol. Now enough jokes, but what if you some how are in a place where there is no source to update the map. Oh and sorry because I forgot to tell you about OVI maps my bad. Ovi maps is a free mapping product and service by Nokia for its mobile phones and smartphone multimedia devices. Ovi maps include voice guided navigation for both pedestrians and drivers for 74 countries in 46 different languages for over 180 countries.
Now lets about the latest features that Ovi maps has to offer.
- Ability to download street maps directly on your device without a PC
- My position and search features are now integrated.
- Add back button in favorites
- Long tap functionality for deleting and renaming of collections and routes.
- Popup for the first time use to inform about the downloaded new map data
- Improved behavior of transit lines settings in map box tool.
- Compass calibration hint.
- Refreshed place details information view.
So I am sure that if you are planning to go on a vacation or you like travelling a lot then you should be probably very happy with all these features. Since you dint need to have a PC to download or update maps in case to want to update or add a new map. There are many more features of this service that have been added this time to help you out with your navigation needs. So Bon Voyage and don’t forget to take your Nokia device but you may excuse the Airport City Guide Booklet.