Thread: Motorsport | Formula Drift season ends on a high

Ithay Uthay
    34 Post(s)
    6055 Thread(s)
    Default Motorsport | Formula Drift season ends on a high

formula drift world championship - Motorsport | Formula Drift season ends on a high

Tenku Djan Ley clinched the first Formula Drift Asian Championship based on his overall results over the season.
    However the Malaysian missed out on winning the weekend's Malaysian leg in front of his home crowd.

The Malaysian drift hero crashed out at the first elimination round of the final 32 drivers today, when he lost to his compatriot Ser Ming Hui. But he emerged victorious with wins in Singapore in April this year, as well as his third-place finish in last month's Thailand edition to emerge victorious today.
    Said Tengku Djan, "It is a great feeling to have won the overall Asian Championship, although it would have been better to finish with a win in Malaysia. The competition was of a very high quality and I owe this tremendous success to my team, sponsors and fans who gave 100% support to make this a reality."
    The Goodyear Formula DRIFT Malaysia 2010 leg was won by Japanese Daigo Saito of TRC Racing in his Toyota Alteeza, edging Thailand's Kokae of Goodyear Racing in his Nissan Cerfiro, with the iconic Dataran Merdeka as a backdrop.
    Said Daigo Saito, the Goodyear Formula DRIFT Malaysia winner, "I barely won every round and was very lucky to win today, but overall, I am very happy to win."
    Ryuji Miki of Goodyear SPARKS Motorsports took third place in Nissan Silvia s15 as he beat Rifat Sungkar of Prima XP Drift in the Toyota AE86 in shootout for 3rd/4th. Rifat walked away with the Hypertune Most Competitor Drifter award for his spirited performance for the season.
    Said Miki, "I'm pleased to be back again in Malaysia for the second consecutive year. I felt like I've gotten good placement for this event, but there is still room for improvement. The layout was interesting and challenging, with great competition. I look forward to be back again next year."
    Malaysia's Ser Ming Hui of Exotic Drift in his Nissan S13 earned the loudest cheers in front of the partisan crowd by finishing in the top eight. The day's leader, New Zealander Daynom Templeman of Team Goodyear Racing, was eliminated in the quarterfinals by Ryuji Miki of Goodyear SPARK motorsports in his Nissan Silvia S15.
    "I am very pleased with the support and turnout this year, especially with 10 Goodyear drivers competing in this event - out of which two are podium finishers. Our presence in drift, especially with this weekend's course at Dataran Merdeka has enabled us to showcase the performance of our Ultra High-Performance (UHP) tyres and Goodyear's rich heritage in motorsports," said Nasution Abdul Rahman, Managing Director, Goodyear Malaysia.
    Harvey Davis, Vice President Event Management, ESPN STAR Sports said, "Malaysia has been the perfect host to end this fantastic season. The support from Kuala Lumpur City Hall, our title sponsor Goodyear, partners and Malaysian fans have been fantastic and we certainly look forward to bringing more thrilling drifting action to the city in the near future."
    Said Marcus Lim, Director of Driftpac Pte Ltd, "It was an action-packed weekend that saw top-class driving and great sportsmanship from all competitors. Dataran Merdeka was the perfect venue for local fans to catch the thrilling action and superb driving skills on display up close, and we're heartened by the support from Malaysian drift fans."
    It was a scintillating day of drifting, showcasing with the very best street action from the region's elite, producing screeching tyres, billowing smoke and burning rubber - much to the delight of a sold-out crowd who expected nothing less at Dataran Merdeka.
    The Goodyear Formula Drift Malaysia 2010 is the season-ending event of a three-leg Formula Drift Asia series, with the earlier rounds held in Singapore and Thailand. The event is organized by ESPN STAR Sports and supported by Goodyear as the Title Sponsor. ESS is also the official broadcast channel for the Goodyear Formula DRIFT Malaysia and the broadcast of the highlight programme will be shown on its footprint of more than 300 million viewers in 24 countries
    Last edited by DexteR; 20-12-2010 at 05:18 AM.
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Motorsport | Formula Drift season ends on a high