Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All About Ashes 2011 5th Match

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Default All About Ashes 2011 5th Match

Ashes 2010-11 - 5th Test Match (January 3-7 2011)
    Live Score

<IFRAME SRC="http://soucho.pk/zuhair/tempsd/index.html" WIDTH=360 HEIGHT=200 SCROLLING=NO FRAMEBORDER=NO>

</IFRAME>

Previous Games
    http://sachiidosti.com/forum/sports-...ighlight=ashes

http://sachiidosti.com/forum/sports-...ighlight=ashes

England 2-1 Australia
    England retain the Ashes by winning the 4th Test Match in a convincing fashion.

Big News: http://sachiidosti.com/forum/sports-...ighlight=ashes

126442 - All About Ashes 2011 5th Match
    England Celebrate after they retain the Ashes
    Last edited by DexteR; 03-01-2011 at 03:03 AM.
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - All About Ashes 2011 5th Match

Mentioned
    1028 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Default Re: All About Ashes 2011 5th Match (Dead Rubber)

hmm yeh game maze ki hogi .. aussies sahi pressure mai honge

23 . Igni sach kehti hai

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Pakistan born Cricketer Usman Khawaja makes Test Debut for Australia in place of Ponting
    126487 - All About Ashes 2011 5th Match

As a boy Usman Khawaja waited for the SCG gates to open so he could watch his heroes for free. On Monday he will have another priceless experience there when he plays his first Test as the injured Ricky Ponting's replacement at No 3.

126145 - All About Ashes 2011 5th Match

Khawaja, who will become the first Muslim to receive a baggy green, moved to Australia from Pakistan when he was three and as he grew up, his family couldn't afford match tickets. So he would hang around at the entrance until the gatemen let him in for a peek at Steve Waugh and Co.

When he enters the ground over the next week he will be treated like royalty by the home fans and as a target by England. "It's been a childhood dream for me," he said at the SCG. "Ever since I can remember I wanted to play for Australia."

Khawaja, 24, is a graceful, wristy left-hander who has impressed team-mates with his calm maturity. He is already a qualified pilot and is now in charge of navigating Australia from first-drop in an Ashes Test. Not since Justin Langer in 1992-93 has a debutant stepped out at No.3.

"Ricky is a legend of a cricketer, a legend of a bloke," Khawaja said. "I've only met him a few times, but he's made me feel like I've been part of the team when I really haven't.

"He's the kind of guy that if he told me to jump off a bridge I probably would, I'd follow him anywhere. I'm not here to fill Ricky Ponting's shoes, I'm going to go out there and try and do the best I can. To replace 12,000 runs is a big feat and I still haven't scored any."

Khawaja was on standby for Ponting in Melbourne and was also called late into the squad for the opening game in Brisbane when Michael Clarke had a bad back. He started the season well for New South Wales, scoring a double-century, and leads the Sheffield Shield run list with 598 at 74.75.

Despite his attractive overall record - he averages 51.70 in 27 first-class games - he hasn't posted a first-class hundred since his 214, although he has produced some useful half-centuries. The past four Tests have shown that Australia need big scores from their top six to survive against England and it is a tough ask for a debutant to provide such leadership in an ailing outfit. Whatever Khawaja does, it will be another memorable visit to the SCG.

125802 - All About Ashes 2011 5th Match
    Last edited by DexteR; 01-01-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Beer set for Test debut in Sydney

Michael Beer walked into the SCG for the first time today and while he liked what he saw, he thought "it looked different on TV". Everything is new to Beer, the left-arm spinner, who only played his maiden first-class game for Western Australia at the start of the summer.

18221 - All About Ashes 2011 5th Match

On Monday he is expected to be handed a baggy green three weeks after he was the latest slow bowler to be parachuted into Australia's Test squad. Beer, 26, was hoping for a debut at the WACA, his adopted home ground after an off-season move from Victoria, but was overlooked when Ricky Ponting decided on four fast men. The same thing happened at the MCG, but this week looks like his time.

It has been a hard wait. When Ponting walked towards him shortly before the toss in Perth, Beer thought he was about to get a new cap. His family had flown in for the occasion and he was ready, but Ponting delivered bad news and he headed to Tasmania for a Sheffield Shield game instead. "At the time I was a little disappointed but I've really enjoyed being a part of the group," he said.

Beer has played only seven first-class games so not much is known about him. Michael Hussey has faced him in the nets and likes his approach and level-headedness. "He's got very good control, very disciplined," he said. "He gets good revs on the ball as well, and uses drift very well."

However, Hussey warned about expecting too much from Beer too soon. "It's going to take time to feel comfortable around the team and comfortable around Test match level," he said. "It's important that he relaxes, goes out there and tries to enjoy the opportunity. I remember in my first Test I was pretty much an emotional wreck, so I hope we don't put too much pressure on him."

If Beer plays, he will work alongside Steven Smith, who bowls legspin and bats No.6, but the surprise is that Nathan Hauritz hasn't been included at his home ground. While Beer will have to ask the New South Wales players in the squad for advice on the conditions, Hauritz could have just turned up and bowled.

Hauritz has worked hard since being dropped before the series, taking 19 Shield wickets at 26.78 for the season, and scoring two centuries. His absence is puzzling to Australian supporters and the England team.

"I honestly don't understand how the Australian selection works," England's offspinner Graeme Swann said. Swann said he felt a kinship with his fellow offspinner, and remembered that Hauritz had caused them some problems in three Tests in 2009.

"I generally feel sorry for him," he said. "I don't think he deserved to miss out on this whole series. I don't understand why he has not been given a shout, but that is good for us." In this Test, England will be going for Beer instead.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Hussey expects aggression from Clarke

Michael Hussey expects Michael Clarke to be a positive and aggressive leader in his first outing as Australia's Test captain on Monday. Clarke gained the post following Ricky Ponting's withdrawal with a broken finger and will be in charge of a young outfit that has the job of levelling the Ashes series at the SCG.

Clarke is the team's most experienced player with 68 Tests, while Hussey, one of only two men in the squad over 30, has appeared in 10 fewer matches. Hussey said it would be strange walking on to the ground without Ponting, but he is confident Clarke will be a strong replacement.

"He'll be an aggressive captain, always looking to take wickets out there, make changes to the field and with the bowlers," Hussey said. "He'll be searching for a wicket all the time, and will always want the game going forward. That's the way Australians have played our cricket as long as I can remember. I think he'll be a very positive captain."

Clarke has been successful in the limited-overs arenas and was in charge of Australia's journey to the final of the World Twenty20 in the West Indies in May. He also has 13 victories in 18 ODIs as leader and has been able to impress his team-mates with his high-energy style.

"I guess the challenge is to be able to maintain that over the five days," Hussey said. "It's going to be a hard old graft. But we have 100% confidence in him. I think he's done a really good job when he's captained the team so far in his career." This Test assignment is more complicated because it comes at a time when Clarke is struggling for runs, having scored 148 in seven bats against England.

England retained the Ashes with their victory in Melbourne last week, and Hussey hopes the Sydney Test will be the start of Australia's revival. "Our focus is trying to get it back to 2-2 - I think that would be a real morale-boosting win for us," he said. "We've got to get better. We hope our Test team is going to get better over the next 12 months to two years, but the process starts now. Unfortunately, we can't win the Ashes, but if we can get it back to a two-all series leveller, it will be a good result for us."

Hussey, who is 35, was particularly disappointed after the MCG defeat. "It's the Ashes and the biggest thing you play for," he said. "I hope I get another opportunity to have another go at it. But I don't know if I will, so that is a pretty hard thing to start thinking about."

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Default Re: All About Ashes 2011 5th Match

The Ashes have been retained, but there's still so much at stake as the series moves on to the New Year Test in Sydney. Another performance as crushing as either Adelaide or Melbourne proved to be, and England will have triumphed 3-1 - a margin of victory befitting a campaign that has been as meticulously crafted as any in the long history of Anglo-Australian rivalry. Another slip-up of the sort that threatened to derail them in Perth, however, and the series will be squared at 2-2, the first such scoreline since 1972, but one that would leave the Aussies feeling decidedly chipper after one of their most exacting home summers since the mid-1980s.

All the signs point to England. They are settled, confident and - despite a few justified hangovers on the morning after the Ashes were retained - supremely focused on a speck in the middle distance which reads "World No. 1". They've got a long way to go yet, but seeing as they have not lost a series of any description since September 2009, they are well on their way to that aim. Australia, by contrast, have just succumbed to their fifth Test defeat in seven matches, and are reeling not only from the sheer destructiveness of England's performance at the MCG, but the implications of the collateral damage as well, with Ricky Ponting sidelined for the first time in six years.

Nevertheless, we've been here before in Ashes cricket. Twenty-four years ago at this very ground, the seeds of Australia's renaissance were sown at the precise moment that England believed they had laid them out for the rest of the decade. When the unheralded offspinner Peter Taylor claimed eight wickets on debut to secure a consolation 55-run victory in the fifth Test of the 1986-87 series, it was assumed it was a case of dead cat bounce for an out-muscled outfit. On the contrary, that victory would be the first of 12 Aussie wins without reply in Ashes cricket, with their run finally ending at The Oval in 1993.

The lesson is simple. When Australia are down, they need to be kept there at all costs, because no side is more adept at improbable regeneration. The odds may be stacked against them, but if England dare to turn up without their fullest focus, the scope for an upset still exists.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Default Ashes 2011 5th Match - Live Score

Live Score

<IFRAME SRC="http://soucho.pk/zuhair/tempsd/index.html" WIDTH=360 HEIGHT=200 SCROLLING=NO FRAMEBORDER=NO>

</IFRAME>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

har jay gaya yeh bhi test match aus

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Mujhe bas Usman Khawaja ki fikar hai. 37 tou banaye hain first innings mei but Ponting ko replace kerna itna easy nahi. Even though Ponting has had a poor year but still he is Ricky Ponting. For Usman Khawaja to find some space in Australian hearts a magic is needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, agree
    i don't think so if he will stay in the team for a long team, impossible

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast