Thread: Ryan Giggs to play on another year

Ithay Uthay
    34 Post(s)
    6055 Thread(s)
    Default Ryan Giggs to play on another year

Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs has confirmed his intention to continue playing for the club for at least another season.

12086 - Ryan Giggs to play on another year

Giggs, 37, has renewed his contract on a yearly basis for a number of seasons, with his current deal set to expire in the summer. But the Welshman is still enjoying his football at Old Trafford - and, more importantly, continues to play at a high level - so sees no reason to hang up his boots just yet.

"I am quite happy still playing at the moment and enjoying my football as much as ever," Giggs said. "I said if I was still enjoying myself and still getting picked I would carry on. We will sit down and talk but I am really looking forward to playing next year."

No discussions with manager Sir Alex Ferguson have been arranged, but past experience suggests that when all parties sit down the negotiations will not be a protracted process.

"I don't know when it will be sorted out," said Giggs. "We have been quite relaxed about it over the years but it is usually done and dusted quite quickly."

Ferguson echoed his winger's sentiments, even going as far as to suggest that Giggs is playing at a high enough standard to continue for a number of seasons to come.

"I spoke to Ryan a few days ago. He is happy to have another year and that is good news," Ferguson told MUTV. "You can see his fitness. It is incredible. He could do another year, who knows, another two years, because his fitness is so good.

"I never expected him to be here so long but as the years went on there were improvements in terms of sports science and fitness, and Ryan is very much into yoga too. That gives you a better chance of course. But Ryan has also been prepared to make sacrifices and be a really good professional."

Giggs, who is pursuing a record 12th Premier League title, believes his good relationship with the Scot has also played a major part in his longevity.

"It is good to hear praise from the manager," said Giggs."He would be the first one to tell me if I was not playing well or my form wasn't good. We talk a lot more and we are a lot more honest with each other. He tells me when I am not going to play and gives me a little bit more notice now.

"It is a great relationship and one that has been a big part of why I am still playing."
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Ryan Giggs to play on another year

Islamabad, UK
    548 Post(s)
    9504 Thread(s)
    Default Re: Ryan Giggs to play on another year

hm he is a good player
    20162B 2B1 - Ryan Giggs to play on another year