Thread: OZ Open Tenis:Ferrer Beat Nadal.now in Semi-final

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

cute OZ Open Tenis:Ferrer Beat Nadal.now in Semi-final

Australian Open, Melbourne

Venue: Melbourne Park Dates: 17-30 January
    Coverage: Watch on BBC TV, Red Button, BBC Sport website (UK only) & Eurosport; listen on BBC 5 live sports extra and online; text commentary online;

50961424 nadal - OZ Open Tenis:Ferrer Beat Nadal.now in Semi-final Nadal received treatment after only three games of his quarter-final

By Ben Dirs
    999999 - OZ Open Tenis:Ferrer Beat Nadal.now in Semi-final

David Ferrer defeated an injury-stricken Rafael Nadal 6-4 6-2 6-3 to set up a semi-final against Andy Murray at the Australian Open.

Top seed Nadal had his left thigh strapped early in the first set and the heavy-hitting Ferrer showed his friend and fellow Spaniard little mercy.

Ferrer feasted on Nadal's weakened serve as he moved into a two-set lead.

And while Nadal hung in gamely, seventh seed Ferrer held his nerve to secure a semi-final debut in Melbourne.

It was the first time the 24-year-old Nadal had lost in a major since retiring hurt against Murray in last year's Australian Open quarter-finals.

And injury destroyed the world number one's dream of holding all four majors simultaneously - the so-called 'Rafa Slam' - on Rod Laver Arena.
    o - OZ Open Tenis:Ferrer Beat Nadal.now in Semi-final

"This is a difficult day for me," said Nadal, adding that he preferred to not talk about the nature of his injury. "For respect to the winner and to a friend, I prefer to talk about the match.

"Today I can't do more than what I did, he played at a very high level."

When pressed about the injury, Nadal added: "I don't have to tell you what I felt on the court, but it is obvious I did not feel at my best. I had a problem with the match at the very beginning and after that, the match was almost over."

Ferrer said: "This is one big victory for me, but it's not like a victory really. He was playing with injury and I had luck. But I played my game."

Ferrer, 28, had the nine-time major winner on the back foot from the outset, going blow for blow from the back of the court and hitting winners at will from both flanks.

Nadal, who had won 12 of the previous 15 meetings between the two and all of the last eight, was taken to eight deuces in his first service game before being broken when he plonked a tame backhand into the net.
    Nadal broke back straightaway, sealing the game with a cute angled backhand, before immediately calling for a medical time-out and trudging disconsolately from the court.
     50961049 ferrergetty226282 - OZ Open Tenis:Ferrer Beat Nadal.now in Semi-final
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by DexteR; 11-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    338 Thread(s)

Default Re: OZ Open Tenis:Ferrer Beat Nadal.now in Semi-fi

i am really sad for nadal,he is my favort tennis player,may you get well soon nadal,

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

maza aa gaya...Nadal gaya harrah
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - OZ Open Tenis:Ferrer Beat Nadal.now in Semi-final

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5939 Thread(s)

yeh cheez.... i hope federrer wins the title

8bffd51cd2705b99335ce635a13dbb09 zps81c9bfed - OZ Open Tenis:Ferrer Beat Nadal.now in Semi-final

..!!