I believe, in today’s fast-paced world, it is not possible for anyone to remember each and every task he was supposed to do in a limited time. It becomes absolutely normal to skip on few important things needed to be done, unless reminded by others at home or at work. There, comes the importance of making notes. But, today, the paper notes won’t suffice considering the advancement in technology. Everybody wants to have everything on phone or computer. The tablets are also in. Having said that, it becomes all the more necessary to talk about a mobile application called Evernote that makes it easy to remember things – big and small from your notable life using your computer, phone, and the web. Chances are, if you can see it or think of it, Evernote can help you remember it. Type a text note. Clip a web page. Snap a photo. Grab a screenshot. Evernote will keep it all safe.
Now, apart from its other basic features, the Evernote has come up with some new features in its new version i.e version 2.6 for the Android mobile devices
and announced it on Feb 10, 2011. These added features are :-
- New view : +The new Snippet View is designed to be more dynamic and will give users the most useful information about their note in the smallest amount of space. So, it strikes a balance between information-density and the consumer device’s form factor. There are various options -
(1) If a note contains an image, then Evernote will show the note title, some text and a thumbnail.
(2) +If the note is text-only, then instead of having a thumbnail, Evernote will use the full width to display as much of the text as it can fit.
(3) +In many cases, users won’t even need to open the note – they will get all they need from the snippet.
The ultimate aim of this feature is to give users maximum at-a-glance information.
: There are other views available; users can switch to them from the view options menu
- Notebook Stacks : Recently, Evernote for Windows and Mac added Notebook Stacks, a feature which lets users visually group their notebooks. Now, users can see stacks that they created on the desktop from Evernote for Android.
- Edit styled notes : users can now edit any note in their account, whether a text notes, web clip, snapshot, or audio note. For example, if a user edits a bulleted list, the next line they create will also be a bullet, and so on.
: +Evernote for Android now supports editing existing styled text, but it does not yet allow users to create new styled text or re-style existing text. Evernote is still working on that and will be soon introducing it in its upcoming mobile versions.
- Improved sync performance: Notes sync around 6 times faster than in previous versions
- Edit Saved Searches before running them by tapping andholding the search name
- Improved image scaling
- Faster note loading and application performance
- Many additional bug fixes throughout
And that’s not the end. There’s more great stuff for Android on the way. Users will also start to see some of the features in this update appear in other versions of Evernote soon.