Basking in the glory of returning to the top of the women's game, Caroline Wozniacki moved into the final of the Dubai Duty Free Championships with a 7-5 6-3 win over Jelena Jankovic.

20904 - Wozniacki works hard for win over Jankovic

The Dane knocked Kim Clijsters from the No. 1 spot with her victory over Shahar Peer on Friday and a resurgent Jankovic went the same way. Serbian star Jankovic has been in the doldrums for some time, but has shown some decent form this year and pushed Wozniacki hard in the first set.

Breaks of serve were traded as both women hit with confidence from the baseline and Jankovic pressed hard - forcing Wozniacki to save four set points in the first set. But the Dane has a tremendous will to win and after staving off the threat, worked a second break of her own to take the set.

The second set saw the world No. 1 take control, as she worked three breaks of the Jankovic serve to secure her place in the final in Dubai for the first time.

"It's always difficult against her," Wozniacki said. "I had to stay firm and even when I was 2-5 down I kept fighting. I needed more time to get into the match."