Martin Skrtel has pledged his future to Liverpool, with the Slovakian defender in the dark with regard to interest from Bundesliga side Wolfsburg.

19241 - Martin Skrtel fully committed to Liverpool

Skrtel has developed into a key figure for Liverpool since his move from Zenit St Petersburg in 2008 , having played in every Premier League game this season. Despite Liverpool's disappointing campaign by their own standards, the defender has been attracting admiring glances with Wolfsburg reported to be keeping tabs on his situation.

The 26-year-old claims he has only learned of the interest on his trawls round the internet and has no intention of seeking a move provided he is wanted by Liverpool.

"I have learned about the interest of Wolfsburg only from the internet and don't even know how true this news is," Skrtel said. "One thing is for sure, though - I have a valid contract with Liverpool. I am happy there and if they are happy with me, too, I am not going anywhere."

Skrtel was placed on the bench by Reds manager Kenny Dalglish for last week's Europa League clash with Sparta Prague, but it was a decision he was content with.

"It was the manager's decision not to have me in the starting line-up and I fully respect it," Skrtel said. "I didn't try to find out why he had decided that way. The manager changed the defensive system to three centre backs late in the game as we expected Sparta to send long balls out to [Leonard] Kweuke and [Tomas] Pekhart."