Thread: Strauss hints Yardy will face India

Ithay Uthay
    34 Post(s)
    6055 Thread(s)
    Default Strauss hints Yardy will face India

Andrew Strauss has hinted that Michael Yardy will return to the England team for Sunday's crunch World Cup clash with India, insisting that a two-spinner attack could prove a "very strong" option.

Graeme Swann was England's only slow bowler during their opening match against Netherlands, which Strauss' men were fortunate to win after producing a dire fielding display.

That underwhelming performance has led to calls for Yardy to come into the team for the India clash at Bangalore - a track that provided sharp turn during the World Cup warm-up matches.

And Strauss looks set to welcome the Sus+++ spinner, who played a significant part in England's World Twenty20 triumph, into the side - probably at the expense of Ravi Bopara. "It's definitely an option [to play two spinners]," he said.

"Obviously if it's going to turn like it did in the Australia warm-up game, then two spinners is going to be a very strong option for us, [but] I think it's important not to be too blinkered into just assuming it's going to do something in the conditions. There's a bit of weather around at the moment so that may change the look of the wicket."

Swann, who claimed match figures of two for 35 against Netherlands, has given Yardy a ringing endorsement. "I'm a huge believer in playing two spinners in all cricket because I grew up at Northampton in the days when our wicket were like Colombo and turned square," he said. "You get a rapport and partnership with that fellow spinner. I'd love to see Yardy play, I think it worked well for us in the Twenty20 and I think it can work well for us here.

"To temper that slightly, we've got such good options in the seam bowling attack that against certain teams we're better going in with more seam bowlers and only one spinner. From a personal point of view, I'd love to see Yardy play, but from a team perspective I can understand why we don't always go down that route."
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Strauss hints Yardy will face India

196 Post(s)
    9810 Thread(s)
    Default Re: Strauss hints Yardy will face India

تیری انگلیاں میرے جسم میںیونہی لمس بن کے گڑی رہیں
    کف کوزه گر میری مان لےمجھے چاک سے نہ اتارنا