World No. 1 Rafael Nadal has insisted he is '100%' fit as he prepares to make his return from injury in Spain's Davis Cup tie with Belgium.

19885 - Nadal '100%' fit and raring to go

Nadal has not played since losing to David Ferrer in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open in January, during which he picked up a thigh injury that the 24-year-old insists he has now recovered from.

"If I am here it is because, physically, I am 100%," said Nadal.

Spain face Belgium in their World Group first round clash in Charleroi on Friday having picked a strong squad that includes Nadal, Ferrer, Fernando Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez. Belgium are led by world No. 51 Xavier Malisse, and Nadal is looking forward to leading his country's challenge in a competition that was won last year by a Novak Djokovic-led Serbia.

"I am fine now," Nadal reiterated. "I already start to practise a few weeks ago so I'm happy to be back in competition, back in an important competition like the Davis Cup.

"And, for sure, it's a motivation to be back on the team. And sure it's going to be a difficult confrontation against Belgium."