Lewis Hamilton has said he is glad to have back-to-back races as he looks to put a nightmare Malaysian Grand Prix behind him.

9521 - Lewis Hamilton looking to bounce back in China

After qualifying second at Sepang, Hamilton struggled with tyre wear and eventually had to make four stops, while he also had a collision with Fernando Alonso as he initially finished a disappointing seventh. He was then hit with a 20 second penalty post-race for weaving in front of Alonso, demoting him to eighth. Hamilton said he was already looking forward to learning from the mistakes in China this weekend.

"It's always best to put a disappointing weekend behind you, and, as always, I'll make a positive of the experience in Malaysia and learn from it," Hamilton said. "With China only a few days away, it's the best possible way to move on: I'm already throwing myself into my preparations - I'll spend a few days training and come back feeling fresh for Shanghai."

His team-mate Jenson Button finished second in Malaysia, just over three seconds behind Sebastian Vettel. Hamilton said he was taking heart from Button's performance, and hoped that the pair of them could make life as difficult as possible for Red Bull in China.

"What's been most encouraging is that our pace is still extremely strong: Jenson drove a fantastic race and was able to narrow the gap to Sebastian during the closing laps, and I think we have the pace to continue taking the battle to Red Bull this weekend. In both races, we've seen that Red Bull hasn't been able to achieve its full potential, and I think it's important that we keep applying the pressure to make sure they can't afford to make mistakes."